Tuesday 15 June 2010

Visually Unfamiliar

First and foremost, the red double-decker bus is a common attribute to London that is completely foreign to those of us from the states. While unfamiliar, it's great to see these iconic busses zooming around the city.

While not my proudest moment, I must admit that it actually took me days to be able to find the street signs in London. I am so used to seeing them on posts on the corners and above traffic lights that it didn't even cross my mind to look at the side of a building.

While license plates all over the United States differ from state to state, England has this basic plate used by the cars as an identification form.

I can't say I've ever given much though to the appearance of a cross walk button before, but upon arriving in London I did notice that they appear in a different format than any of those I've seen in the United States.

A staple part of London culture is the basic black Taxi. The United States is filled with different brands of taxis, and it is new for Americans to only see one option.

No comments:

Post a Comment